Ingres General Connectivity Development Center/Ingres General Connectivity Learn
From Ingres Community Wiki
This page will provide you with both the latest news on the General Ingres Connectivity as well as everything you need to learn about areas such as Ingres Net.
- General Communications API (GCA)/General Communications Facility(GCF) API External Interface Specification
- GCM Specification
- Data Access Messaging Protocol Specification
- Abstract Data Facility (ADF) Overview
- Ingres Compatability Library (CL)
Articles dealing with General Ingres Connectivity can be found at Articles
Example code can be found in Code Samples.
Here are links to webinars that have been previously given. You can download the presentations and webinar replays. Note that replaying any of the webinars requires that you first install the WebEx ARF media player. Of course, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF files and InfoZip is a nice open source utility for handling ZIP files.
- Connecting with Ingres Architecture
- Connecting with Ingres: Understanding the Ingres Architecture (VIP Webinar). Would you like to understand how Enterprise Access, Star, Ingres, Ingres Net, OpenROAD, and all the other Ingres product offerings fit together? Do you want to figure out which drivers to use, how to interface the various components, and take advantage of Ingres RDBMS within your solution? You can download the presentation (pdf) and and replay the DOWNLOAD
- Migrating to IPv6 with Ingres(VIP Webinar). IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) is the new network standard for communications that is gradually replacing the current IPv4 standard. Ingres 2006 r2 implements IPv6 in a way that should enable you to migrate easily to the new standard. This session will cover how IPv6 is implemented in Ingres, issues you might run into, and what configuration options are available. You can download the presentation (pdf) and and replay the DOWNLOAD
- Integrating Ingres into a Distributed Multi-DataBase Environment (VIP Webinar). Users of Ingres are generally familiar with its distributed client-server architecture. But did you know that it can also interact transparently with other, non-Ingres databases on various platforms including the mainframe? This session will demonstrate how the Ingres family of products (Ingres, Enterprise Access and EDBC) can be used in conjunction with Ingres/Star to tie various databases in an enterprise into a single logical view to the users and applications. The session includes an actual customer case study. You can download the presentation (pdf) and and replay the DOWNLOAD