From Ingres Community Wiki
The Ingres Migration Wizard is a collection of tools and libraries designed to simplify the task of migrating database schemas and procedures from competitor database products to Ingres Classic and Ingres Vectorwise. This community project is intended for use by individual community members and by Ingres Partners. All feedback and contributions will be gratefully appeciated!
This page provides details about the project.
|Project Home on Sourceforge.net|
|Project Home in the Ingres Community|
|Main thread in the Ingres discussion forum|
|Main Source Code repository and Source Code mirror on Sourceforge.net|
About the Ingres Migration Wizard
The 'Ingres Migration Wizard' is a collection of tools and libraries designed to simplify the task of migrating database schemas and procedures from competitor database products to Ingres Classic and Ingres Vectorwise. The wizard runs on both Windows and Linux 32 and 64 bit systems.
The following competitor databases are currently supported:
- Other DBMS like MS SQL Server will follow
The wizard tool set consists of the following Tools and Libraries:
- Ingres Migration Wizard: The Ingres Migration Wizard is a Java Eclipse-based wizard application that provides step by step database schema migration (primarily consists of the SWT graphical interface code)
- Ingres Migration Application Library: This library consists of code used to extract the database schemas as well as utility code for string parsing.
- Ingres Parser Collection: A collection of ANTLR based parsers, including parsers that are part of the Idiom project.
The following tools could be developed based upon the work already done:
- Ingres Schema Optimizer: An ANTLR based tool in a Wizard style which allows to transform an Ingres SQL script to an optimized one.
- Database Browser: A tool to browse an Ingres Database and even the Source Database's structure
The following persons are currently involved in that project:
- Management committee: Emma K. McGrattan, Chris Hane
- Developers: Jane Thalen, Raymond Fan
You are welcome to take part in this Project.
|Milestone||01'10||Creation of an initial project plan|
|Milestone||03'10||Release v0.1 for 'Oracle to Ingres' migrations using NetBeans and Swing|
|Milestone||08'10||Release v0.2 for 'MySQL to Ingres' migrations using NetBeans and Swing|
|Milestone||12'10||Release v0.3 for 'Oracle/MySQL to Ingres & Ingres VectorWise' migrations using Eclipse and SWT|
|Milestone||TBD||Release for MS SQL migrations|
The initial requirements for the wizard can be found here: IngresMigrationToolSet/Requirements
The user documentation is available here: http://ingresmigtools.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html . It can be also called from the 'Ingres Migration Wizard' tool itself by using the menu: 'Help' -> 'Online help'.
The following links may be of interest:
- Downloads & Screen snapshots - See SourceForge
- Screencasts - Screen cast of one of the first versions